Special Needs Law and Advocacy
Focusing on the needs and wishes of individuals with special needs.
I provide legal, advocacy, and conflict resolution services for individuals with special needs and their families, including
- Care advocacy to promote quality of life and care
- Eligibility for needs-based government benefits (e.g., SSI, Medicaid)
- Planning for persons with special needs, including special needs trusts
- Special needs trust administration
- Guardianship and conservatorship
- Navigation of community mental health services
- Mediation. Mediation is a voluntary process to resolve conflicts between parties regarding the needs of individuals with special needs. For more information, see Elder Mediation Promotes Relationships, Dignity & Choice.
- Conflict Resolution Coaching. Conflict resolution coaching is a voluntary process to help an individual more effectively cope and address conflicts in constructive manner. For more information, see What is Conflict Resolution Coaching?
Kindness and Patience
Almost 20 years ago, I worked with Roxanne for an agency that supports individuals who have Developmental Disabilities. She clearly has a deep passion for helping people. Her kindness and patience have always been an integral part of the work she does. Roxanne has a way of explaining complicated subjects to people so that they can really understand. This is a testament to her intelligence and mastery of her field. She also takes the time to really understand and get to know the person with special needs. Roxanne is a trustworthy and reliable person and I am confident that when I refer people to her, they will get the best help available in a timely manner.
C.J.C., Social Worker